Senior Software Developer - Remote UK
MODS are a diverse and entrepreneurial team with experience working across the energy sector in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Japan; We are backed by Energy sector investors and in 2020 concluded a major share purchase agreement with investors JGC Corporation to grow our business significantly.
MODS is driving digital transformation in the energy sector with innovative software solutions. The company’s industrial software applications help Operators and EPC's with planning, execution and operations handover of maintenance from minor to mega projects.
At MODS, our mission is to enable more people to digitally transform their projects in the Energy Sector. Our core values Honesty, Passion, Teamwork and Simplicity.
These core beliefs allow us to deliver our solutions with conviction and unity to our customers no matter their location.
Head quartered in Scotland, Aberdeen, we have a diverse employee base, working from locations around the world.
MODS Solutions Development team is actively searching for a Senior Software Developer to be ideally based in the UK. They will assist both in strategy and execution on our creation and development of new and existing software products. This hands-on role will be working alongside our senior developers to innovate for our customers and MODS future. As a Senior Software Developer you must think both creatively and analytically and need to be accustomed to testing and measuring your performance within the team.
In addition to possessing stellar developer skills, we are looking for someone who is comfortable with receiving feedback on their work and acting upon it. Our ideal candidate is a developer who can support their recommendations with data and results while not being afraid of stretching the boundaries of innovation in a B2B world.
You will play a vital role in helping develop MODS products and promote our brand values, mission and services to clients, customers and stakeholders.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Understanding of the MODS products from both a functional and technical perspective, including a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilized in product development, such as:
- Microsoft SQL
- .Net Core
- Microsoft Azure
- Works with Head of the team to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current business processes and should be able to participate in every aspect of the development and implementation.
- Designs and builds product deliverables according to specifications; escalates technical design or specification issues to the Head of Team and works within a given timeframe to complete coding.
- Diagnoses and repairs software problems or bugs, and assist clients with technical problems, and help to resolve those problems.
- Follows good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout the product development.
- Working with remote teams and be able to travel to sites when required
- Communicate with an operations team to design and deliver changes and solutions
- Five years minimum experience in these areas essential
- Microsoft SQL
- .Net Core
- Ability to travel to clients globally, max 10% of the year
- Authorized to work in the UK
Location of job